- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and halved
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (Thai chile paste) or plain hot sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped cornichons
- 1 cup washed and cut mustard greens
Boil potatoes and garlic in a large pot of salted water until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let cool to room temperature. Discard the garlic.
Sign up now and get up to
Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, olive oil, and sambal oelek together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Roughly chop cooled potatoes into a large bowl. Add cornichons, mustard greens, and mayonnaise mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste.