- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 pinch Italian seasoning, or to taste
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup red wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 30 cooked shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Stir in fresh tomatoes and canned tomatoes; simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Add red wine and lemon juice; simmer for 5 minutes more. Stir shrimp and mushrooms into tomato mixture; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
Serve sauce over linguine and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.