- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 crookneck yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons water, or as needed
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1/2 (6 ounce) box dry bread stuffing mix
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking dish.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir squash and onion until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add water and simmer to soften squash, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and Cheddar cheese into squash mixture; mix well.
Transfer squash mixture to the prepared baking dish; top with stuffing mix.
Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is bubbling and stuffing is browned, about 30 minutes.