- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 4 (10.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 pinch dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1 cup evaporated milk
Heat the vegetable oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion, celery, and carrots in the hot oil until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the chicken broth, baking potatoes, thyme, and poultry seasoning to the vegetable mixture; bring to a simmer and continue cooking until the potatoes are cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir the cooked chicken, egg noodles, and evaporated milk into the soup; cook until the noodles are cooked through, another 7 to 10 minutes.