- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 1 (8 ounce) package processed cheese food
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 pound dry fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic in butter until onions are tender. Stir in flour, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in crawfish. Cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir in the processed cheese, half-and-half, Cajun seasonings, and cayenne pepper. Cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish. Stir noodles into crawfish mixture; pour into prepared dish, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.