- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 cup dry farina cereal (such as Cream of Wheat)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and green onion in hot butter until softened, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, zucchini, vinegar, and dill to the saucepan; bring to a boil. Gradually pour farina into the broth mixture while stirring. Reduce heat to low, loosely cover saucepan, and cook broth mixture at a simmer until the zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes more.
Sign up now and get up to
Blend soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Add cream cheese and blend again until the cheese is fully incorporated.