- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 persimmon, sliced
- 1 apple, cut into matchsticks
- 2 orange, peeled and cut into segments (see footnote)
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts
Whisk vinegar, orange juice, Dijon mustard, orange zest, cumin, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl. Slowly pour olive oil into the orange juice mixture, whisking until thick and thoroughly combined. Season dressing with salt and black pepper.
Sign up now and get up to
Remove stems from each leaf of kale. Stack 3 to 4 leaves of kale and roll together. Finely slice kale leaves crosswise to create thin ribbons.
Combine sliced kale, persimmon, apple, orange, and pistachio nuts in a bowl. Add dressing and toss until well coated.