- 3 pounds bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 cups sour cream
- 1/2 pound shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sour cream, or as needed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green onion, green parts only, or more as needed
Place bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Pour bacon into a colander set over a bowl to drain and cool to room temperature; finely chop cooled bacon.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir 6 cups sour cream, Cheddar cheese, 1 cup chopped green onion, cayenne pepper, and black pepper together in a large bowl until well-mixed. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
Spread sour cream mixture into a football shape in the center of a serving platter. Spread bacon over the top to resemble the outside of a football.
Place 1/4 cup sour cream in a piping bag; pipe 1 line on each end of the “football” and 1 set of “laces” down the center of the “football”. Spread 1 1/2 cups chopped green onion around the “football” to resemble “grass”.