- 1/4 cup chopped raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 dried pitted dates, finely chopped
- 5 dried apricots, finely chopped
Toast the almonds in a skillet over medium heat until just golden, 3 to 5 minutes; set aside.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat the cinnamon and quinoa together in a saucepan over medium heat until warmed through. Add the milk and sea salt to the saucepan and stir; bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, place a cover on the saucepan, and allow to cook at a simmer for 15 minutes. Stir the vanilla, honey, dates, apricots, and about half the almonds into the quinoa mixture. Top with the remaining almonds to serve.