- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter – chilled, cut into tablespoon-size pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
Sign up now and get up to
In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the lime zest, nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk, stirring after each addition. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 75 to 90 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.