- 1 pound ground bison
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 dashes hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 pinch granulated garlic
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
Sign up now and get up to
Mix bison, Panko crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic, and pepper together by hand in a bowl; form into 4 patties. Place patties on baking sheet, cover with aluminum foil, and refrigerate until chilled, about 15 minutes.
Spray the patties with cooking spray and grill until hot and slightly pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. Top each burger with a slice of cheese; continue cooking until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
Sandwich burgers between bun halves.