- 16 ounces dry ziti pasta
- 1 pound Polish sausage, sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Sign up now and get up to
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage in oil until browned on both sides, 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine ziti, sausage, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, parsley and pepper. Mix well. Pour into 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and top with shredded cheese.
Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 to 15 minutes more, until top is golden.