- 1 (14 ounce) package small won ton wrappers
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 pound crabmeat, shredded
- 1 quart oil for frying
Heat oil in a large heavy skillet or deep fryer to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C).
In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, parsley, cilantro and crabmeat.
Sign up now and get up to
Place 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each wonton wrapper. Fold the won ton wrapper over the stuffing to make a triangle or a half moon, depending on the shape of the won ton wrappers you have purchased. Moisten the edges with a little water, and seal. Place prepared won tons under a slightly moist paper towel until ready for frying.
Add 3 or 4 wontons to the hot oil, and cook until golden brown, turning once. Set aside on paper towels to drain. Repeat until all wontons have been fried. Serve hot.