- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 (19 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add chicken and onion and saute for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in broth, chile peppers, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, cilantro and red pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir in beans and simmer for 10 minutes; top with green onion and cheese and serve.