- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds round steak, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 onions, sliced
In a large stock pot over medium/high heat, heat the oil and add the beef pieces. Sprinkle the flour over the beef. Brown the meat on all sides.
Sign up now and get up to
Pour in broth and red wine. Sprinkle in salt, marjoram, thyme and black pepper.
Bring to a boil. Cover, and reduce heat. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender, stirring occasionally.
Add mushrooms and onions to the pot. Liquid should just cover everything. If necessary, add some more wine to cover. Cook until onions are limp.