- 1 (16 ounce) package macaroni
- 1 (8 ounce) package feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated Edam cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large baking dish.
Sign up now and get up to
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes; drain. Pour macaroni into prepared baking dish. Stir feta cheese and halloumi cheese into the macaroni.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, mint, and ground black pepper; continue to cook and stir until the tomato softens, about 3 minutes. Melt the cream cheese into the tomato mixture; pour over macaroni mixture and stir to coat. Sprinkle Edam cheese evenly over the macaroni mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven until the top is bubbling, about 20 minutes.