- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 large sweet onions, diced
- 3 large green onions, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- 2 ounces fire-roasted diced green chile peppers
- 2 tablespoons corn meal
- 1 large dried ancho chile pepper
- 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger tequila
- 6 slices pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup frozen fire-roasted corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
Heat a large stock pot over medium heat. Cook and stir beef and pork in the pot until completely browned, about 10 minutes. Drain as much grease from the meat mixture as you can and return pot to heat.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir sweet onions, green onions, and garlic through the meat mixture; cook and stir until the onions are translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
Stir tomatoes, beer, chili powder, cumin, chile peppers, corn meal, ancho chile pepper, tequila, jalapeno pepper, cocoa powder, and salt into the meat mixture. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until the tomatoes are dissolving into the liquid, 1 to 2 hours. Stir corn and black beans into the chili; continue cooking until hot, 10 to 15 minutes.