- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups Swanson Chicken Stock
- 7 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 pitted kalamata olives, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into very thin strips
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups hot cooked couscous or orzo
Grate the zest and squeeze the juice from the lemon. Stir the stock, tomatoes, lemon juice and lemon zest in a small bowl.
Sign up now and get up to
Season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Reduce the heat to medium. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet. Add the shallots and garlic and cook and stir for 1 minute.
Add the stock mixture to the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with the olives, capers, basil and cheese. Serve with the couscous.