- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch ground cloves (optional)
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 pinch ground allspice (optional)
- 1 pinch ground ginger (optional)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded squash
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 18 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
Mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, ground ginger, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl.
Stir squash, yogurt, brown sugar, raisins, walnuts, eggs, and vanilla together in a large bowl. Add flour mixture to squash mixture; stir. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 30 minutes.