- 2 English cucumbers – peeled, seeded, and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons minced white onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco), or to taste
- 1 drop green food coloring, or as needed (optional)
- Cayenne pepper, or to taste
Process cucumber chunks in a food processor until finely chopped. Put chopped cucumber and white onion in a piece of cheesecloth and twist to squeeze into a bowl as much liquid as possible from the vegetables, reserving the liquid.
Sign up now and get up to
Assure the food processor bowl is dry before returning cucumber and onion mixture to the food processor. Add cream cheese, dill, hot pepper sauce, green food coloring, and cayenne pepper. Process the mixture until smooth, scraping down the sides of the food processor bowl a few times to make sure everything is integrated. If too thick, add reserved liquid a teaspoon at a time.