- 1 pound cubed beef stew meat
- 2 teaspoons meat tenderizer
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen stew vegetables
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle meat tenderizer over beef cubes, and cook in the hot skillet until browned. Drain off any excess juice. In a small bowl, mix together the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and onion soup mix. Pour over the meat, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 45 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Add the frozen stew vegetables to the skillet, and simmer for 10 more minutes. Unroll the crescent roll dough, and arrange to cover the top of the pan like a pie.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and serve.