- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 12 pearl onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Cook and stir celery, chopped onion, and bell pepper in hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir garlic into the celery mixture; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
Sign up now and get up to
Pour vegetable broth into the pot; add tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, pearl onions, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring the broth to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
Stir chicken and red pepper flakes to the pot; cook until the chicken is hot, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir vinegar into the soup just before serving.