- 1 teaspoon olive oil, or as needed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons roasted garlic, mashed into a paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, or to taste
Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Brush a broiler pan with olive oil.
Stir butter and garlic paste together in a bowl. Divide garlic mixture evenly between two bowls, reserving one bowl for serving.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir garlic powder, oregano, Italian seasoning, parsley, and salt together in a bowl.
Place tilapia fillets on prepared broiler pan; brush each fillet with garlic butter and sprinkle each with Italian seasoning mixture, reserving 1/2 the garlic butter in the bowl and 1/2 the Italian seasoning mixture.
Broil fillets in the preheated oven for 2 minutes, brush again with garlic butter, and broil for 2 more minutes. Turn fillets over. Brush with garlic butter and sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning mixture. Broil until tilapia fillets flake easily with a fork, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with reserved garlic butter and lemon juice.