- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup beer
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound round steak – cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes, or until they are dark brown and tender. Add the beer, 1/2 cup water, bay leaf, thyme, ground black pepper and salt.
Sign up now and get up to
Add the meat, onions, green bell pepper and red bell pepper. Simmer for another 20 minutes, or until beef is tender. Remove bay leaf.
In a separate small bowl, combine the flour and remaining 1/4 cup water. Mix well, making sure the flour is completely dissolved. Stir this mixture into the meat mixture. Cook until thickened and bubbly, then cook for 3 minutes more.