- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (13.5 ounce) jar tomato and olive pasta sauce (such as Papayiannides Tomato & Olive & Ouzo Sauce)
- 1 1/2 pounds prawns, peeled and deveined, tail on
- 1/2 cup crumbled Greek feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Sign up now and get up to
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir tomato paste into onion mixture; cook and stir for 1 minute.
Pour wine into tomato mixture; simmer until liquid is reduced by about half, about 5 minutes. Stir tomato sauce into wine mixture and simmer until mixture is thick, about 10 minutes.
Spread tomato mixture into the base of a 6-cup baking dish; top with prawns and sprinkle evenly with feta cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven until prawns are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 10 minutes; top with parsley.