- 16 ounces gluten-free elbow pasta
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded fontina cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Gouda cheese
- 8 slices cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
Sign up now and get up to
Pour cream into a large saucepan over medium heat and season with salt and pepper.
Measure about 2 tablespoons Cheddar cheese, 2 tablespoons fontina cheese, and 2 tablespoons Gouda cheese; set aside. Stir remaining Cheddar cheese, fontina cheese, and Gouda cheese into cream; cook, stirring frequently, until cheeses are melted and cheese sauce is smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
Mix pasta into cheese sauce until evenly coated; fold in bacon. Pour macaroni and cheese into the prepared baking dish and top with reserved cheese mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 15 minutes.