- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 large apples – peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
Sign up now and get up to
Place the apples, shallot, basil, and red wine in a blender, and puree.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place pork chops in the skillet, season with nutmeg and pepper, and sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce. Cook about 4 minutes, then mix in onion and garlic. Continue cooking 4 minutes, or to desired doneness.
Mix sun-dried tomatoes, broccoli, and red bell pepper into the skillet. Continue cooking until broccoli is tender. Stir in the apple mixture, and cook until heated through. Serve over the cooked pasta.