- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or to taste
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans white (cannellini) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute chicken, green bell pepper, and onion in hot oil until the chicken is browned and the vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir jalapeno peppers and garlic into the chicken mixture; continue to cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
Sign up now and get up to
Pour chicken broth over the chicken mixture. Stir salsa, chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper into the broth; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook at a simmer until the chicken is tender and no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes.
Stir beans and cilantro into the chili, cook until the beans are hot and soft, about 10 minutes.