- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil and brown the stew meat and the onions until onions are translucent; about 5 minutes
Sign up now and get up to
Pour in the diced tomatoes with chiles, beef broth and chile peppers. Stir in the garlic salt and cumin. Salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Add a little more beef broth or water if needed during simmering.
Stir in cubed potatoes to the mixture and simmer for an additional 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.