- 2 pounds yellow squash, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 2 sweet onions, quartered and separated
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
Lightly grease a large casserole dish. Arrange the squash, onions, and red bell pepper in the dish. Place in the microwave, and cook on High 10 minutes, stirring once, until tender.
Sign up now and get up to
Gently mix the mushrooms, green chile peppers, jalapeno peppers, cheese, and sour cream into the dish. Sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips. Cover dish, and cook in the microwave 10 minutes on Medium-high power, or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.