- 4 cups distilled white vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 hot chile peppers, sliced lengthwise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed, divided
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns, divided
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, divided
- 1 tablespoon dill seeds, divided
- 1 tablespoon allspice berries, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes, divided
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 1-quart canning jars with lids and rings
Combine vinegar, water, and salt together in a pot; bring to a simmer.
Sign up now and get up to
Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack each jar 1/3 the cauliflower, 1 hot pepper, 1 minced garlic clove, 1 teaspoon mustard seed, 1 teaspoon peppercorns, 1 teaspoon coriander seed, 1 teaspoon dill seed, 1 teaspoon allspice berries, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, and 1 bay leaf. Pour vinegar mixture into the jars, filling to within 1/2-inch of the top. Run a knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.
Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.