- 4 large fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
Combine diced tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, green onion, jalapeno, and garlic in a large bowl. Stir in salt, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
Sign up now and get up to
Place cherry tomatoes, olive oil, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce in a blender. Cover and puree until smooth. Pour pureed mixture through a strainer into the tomato-cucumber mixture; stir to combine.
Place 1/3 of the tomato mixture into the blender. Cover, turn blender on, and puree until smooth. Return pureed mixture to the remaining tomato-cucumber mixture. Stir to combine. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
Season cold soup with salt and black pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and top with basil.