- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 large red potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 chicken leg quarters with skin
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Sign up now and get up to
Combine squash, red potatoes, carrots, shallots, and garlic in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Pour apple cider over the vegetables and drizzle with olive oil and honey. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice; stir to coat vegetables. Rub chicken legs with unsalted butter and place atop vegetables. Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
Place into the preheated oven, turn oven temperature down to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake for 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil, return to oven, and bake until chicken skin is crisp and brown, about 15 more minutes. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh, not touching bone, should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).