- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fatty ham scraps
- 4 (1/4 inch thick) slices ham
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brewed coffee
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir ham scraps until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate, reserving the grease in the pan.
Sign up now and get up to
Place ham slices in the pan and cook over medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes on each side. Season both sides with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Remove ham and reserve on a plate.
Reduce heat to medium-low and sprinkle flour over the pan drippings. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and pour in coffee into the pan. Cook and stir until combined and thickened. Season to taste. Return ham to the pan to warm through.