- 2 cups diced ham
- 2 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup converted long-grain white rice
- 1 pound medium shrimp – peeled and deveined
In a slow cooker combine and thoroughly mix the ham, onions, celery, bell pepper, tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, parsley, thyme leaves, cloves, salad oil and rice. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Sign up now and get up to
One hour before serving, turn slow cooker to high. Stir in the uncooked shrimp. Cover and cook until the shrimp are pink and tender.