- 3 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 3 cups chopped roma (plum) tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon lemon-flavored olive oil
- 2 egg, separated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon herb seasoning blend (such as Spice Island Citrus Herb)
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup French-fried onions
Combine zucchini, tomatoes, and olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat; cook and stir until zucchini and tomatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain liquid from saucepan.
Sign up now and get up to
Lightly beat egg yolks in a bowl until smooth; mix in sour cream, flour, and herb seasoning blend. Beat egg white in a separate bowl until thickened; fold into sour cream mixture.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8×10-inch baking dish.
Layer 1/2 of the zucchini mixture, 1/2 of the sour cream mixture, 1/2 of the bacon, and 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese, respectively in the prepared baking dish. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients and top with French-fried onions.
Bake in the preheated oven until set and bubbling, about 30 minutes.