- 1 head romaine lettuce- rinsed, dried and chopped
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 5 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package small seashell pasta
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Sign up now and get up to
Brown bacon until crisp. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons grease. Set bacon aside.
Return oil to frying pan, add lettuce. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes over medium-high heat. Add roma tomatoes. Cook for 2 additional minutes.
Toss vegetables with cavatini.
Crumble drained bacon. Sprinkle top of vegetables and pasta with bacon and shaved Asiago cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.