- 4 serrano chile peppers, chopped, or more to taste
- 4 green onions, chopped, or more to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (such as Contadina)
- 1 pinch white sugar
- 1 pinch lemon pepper, or to taste
Process serrano peppers, green onions, and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Add roma tomatoes and cilantro; pulse until desired consistency is reached. Transfer tomato mixture to a large bowl.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir crushed tomatoes into tomato mixture. Add sugar and lemon pepper to salsa and stir to combine.